TICKETS ON SALE NOW!
You’re invited to a multi-session online event all about sniffer dogs. A portion of the proceeds goes to animal rescue.
Have you ever been truffle hunting with dogs, watched a detection dog sniff out explosives, or heard about scenting dogs contributing to conservation? Now you can! Join us from anywhere in the world to learn about sniffer dogs and the fascinating things you can teach them to find.
Sniffer dogs are employed to find a variety of odors ranging from medical conditions to gourmet mushrooms. Here at Wagnificent K9 Truffle Dogs LLC, we sniff out an elusive delicacy, the truffle. We thought, why not put those truffles to work by sharing the enchanting experience of truffle hunting with you while raising money for nonprofits?
An idea was born!
We will take you on a virtual truffle hunt from the comfort of your own home and bring other sniffer dog mavericks to your screen for interactive mini-sessions highlighting their detection dog disciplines.
Kristin Rosenbach – Freelance Truffle Hunter and Instructor at Wagnificent K9 Truffle Dogs
Chef Maly mam – Development Chef and Chef Instructor at Cooking Matters
Chef Eric Rivera – Consultant, Research & Development, Addo Pop-Up Restaurant
Ms. Sonja Needs – Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences at The University of Melbourne, Scent Dogs Australia
Chef Andy Nguyen – Executive Chef / General Manager Drizzle Olive Oil & Vinegar Tasting Room
(Check back as we continue to add more!)
- Week 1 (January 7-13, 2018): Virtual Truffle Hunting Tour with Kristin Rosenbach and Callie
- Week 2 (January 14-20, 2018): Cooking With Truffles with Chef Andy Nguyen
- Week 3 (January 21-27, 2018): Sniffer Dog Training Foundations with Kristin Rosenbach
- Week 4 (January 28 — February 3, 2018) Using Dogs For Detection In Research; Thinking Outside The Box with Ms. Sonja Needs
- Week 5 (February 4 -10, 2018): Using Dogs For Brettanomyaces Detection In Wine with Ms. Sonja Needs
- Week 6 (February 11-17, 2018): Sniffer Dog Training / Truffle Dog Training with Kristin Rosenbach
- Week 7 (February 18-24, 2018): Virtual Truffle Hunting Tour #2 with Kristin Rosenbach and Da Vinci
- Week 8 (February 25 – March 3, 2018): Cooking With Truffles #2 with Chef Eric Rivera
All sessions will be recorded and replays will be available for viewing until August 31st, 2018.
(The schedule is subject to change. Please check back as we add more presentations!)
- Membership to the exclusive Noses for Nonprofits private Facebook group where you can learn, ask questions, and build community around dogs, food and great causes.
- Weekly mini-sessions broadcast in the Facebook group so you can attend live or watch the replay. Replays will not be taken down so you can watch when it is convenient for you. Topics may include truffle hunting with dogs and using truffles in food, sniffer dog training, detection dog jobs, and more.
- Access to the Noses for Nonprofits private Facebook group through August 31st, 2018.
- GIFTS! All attendees will receive a bottomless digital sWAG Bag – Anyone who purchases admission will automatically receive new items added to the sWAG Bag during the event season.
What are the benefits of this format?
- By utilizing a free platform to gather attendees and share broadcasts, the donation potential is maximized.
- Digital sWAG Bags provide attendees with paperless gifts which reduce costs and are kind to the environment.
- Facebook Live broadcasts allow members to attend live and interact with the host or catch up on the replay.
- You can attend from anywhere in the world at any time during the event season!
BUY YOUR TICKET HERE!
$65 per person
A Message From The Event Creator
Noses for Nonprofits is my way of contributing to a greater good through food and foraging with sniffer dogs! The Wagnificent K9 Truffle Dogs crew is pawing it forward by using dog-found truffles to support nonprofits through product donations and outreach programs aimed at bringing together a community of like-minded people, like yourself, who want to learn more about sniffer dogs (and truffles!) and support a good cause.
Contact Me If you like what we do and want to contribute to the sWAG Bag or host a mini-session about your scent detection discipline. I’d love to hear your idea!
~ Kristin, Cash, Callie, Da Vinci, and MacGyver